The highly-animated Gilflite Esprit plays a ‘spiritoso’ out on the water. As its name suggests, this bowrider oozes sprightliness and lively intelligence.
VERSATILITY PLUS The Esprit’s outboard configuration also has the advantage of being suitable for fresh or saltwater. Its efficient hull handles chop well adding to the attractiveness as an open-water ski boat.
An excellent all-round ski boat both versatile and capable of handling anything the owner decides to throw at it. The nonconformist Gilflite Esprit might just precipitate an ‘esprit de corps’ among the ski boat fraternity.
The design of the GILFLITE Esprit …….
At 6.00m in length, 2.23m beam, with an 18° deadrise, the hull’s solid, yet stylish, design has had Australian Water Ski Association (AWSA) accreditation for trick, slalom and barefoot skiing.
The Esprit boasts a spacious layout with premium-grade interior finish.
At the helm, a fully height and travel adjustable driver’s bucket seat would allow anyone to drive the boat with unobstructed visibility and within full reach of the controls. The keyed ignition was easy to reach, with the hand throttle and trim adjustment located on the starboard side.
Identical to the comfortable driver’s seat, the passenger/observer seat is solid mounted with a 360° swivel, providing the option for the passenger to face forward if not observing a skier.
Both the driver and passenger are protected by a strong, rolled-top, tinted acrylic wraparound windscreen. A removable centre walk-through panel in the windscreen enabled access to the open bow.
The bow cockpit provides seating for up to three people, with the comfortable cushions lifting to reveal storage compartments beneath.
HIGH-PRESSURE POWER While inboard ski boats dominate the recreational and tournament skiing sectors, after a run in the Esprit even the most hard-core inboard devotee could be converted.
Quickly rising to the plane and at a reasonable wakeboarding speed of around 21mph (34 kmh), the Esprit puts out a decent wash with smooth ramps and a nice flat table in between. Added weight would no doubt create even steeper ramps for more experienced boarders.
Contrastingly, at ski speed of around 36mph (58 kmh), the boat’s wake is flat, proving itself as an all round performer.
The Esprit rises onto the plane quickly with the trim adjusted at almost any angle. Throwing the boat into corners at speed, the boat sits very flat – similar to an inboard – and shows no hint of cavitation.
Details of Esprit for sale – as advertised by owner Oct 2023
- Model: 2000 Gilflite Esprit Bowrider – year of manufacture: 2000
- Powered by: 200 Mariner 200HP (Cowl recently sprayed and new decals)
- 5 blade Mercury propeller – amazing acceleration and pulling power from a still start
- Full storm cover (Boat Cover)
- New Quiksilver throttle control box and cables.
- 2018 ‘Sales’ dual-axle trailer with new tyres. Cable brakes. 7-pin flat connector
- New ‘genuine’ upholstery skins professionally fitted 7 years ago. Slight tear in rear seat stitching. Otherwise, the upholstery is in excellent condition
- Windscreen replaced 5 years ago
- Motor hours not known as hour meter was new 6 or 7 years ago
- Blue ‘metal flake’ underside paint – glistens off the water surface
- Gets used 4-6 times a year maximum
- Regular servicing – Sydney Outboard Service
- Rear under-seat bimini cover
- New underfloor fuel tank 8 years ago
- Rear eskies need new rivets for the hinges
- Tacho is bouncing around a bit – possible loose wire?
- Radio doesn’t work – but who needs those nowadays anyway
- For the right buyer if in Vic, happy to drive somewhere halfway for exchange
- Will need someone in Sydney to inspect / test drive if necessary
- Owned since 2009. No skiers or boarders. Occasional tube riders only.
- 60+ years old now, so a bit old to be roaring around in a speed boat
- Want to keep it in the Gilflite family – so not advertised elsewhere (at this stage)
For further information please contact the owner directly
- Location: Loftus – (South of Sydney)
- Contact: Ross Perry
- Tel: 0410 437 315
A.W.S.A. (AUSTRALIAN WATER SKI ASSOCIATION) TOURNAMENT BOAT
GILFLITE a style of Life !
Swedish Ski Team
When the Swedish Ski Team came out to Australia to train during our summer (their winter), they skied/trained behind the GILFLITE Esprit. The Ski Team loved the performance of the Esprit so much that they bought the boat and took it back to Sweden with them.